4:46 PM

Red Hot Chilli Pepper

Believe it or not Aydin loves Chillies and i really mean red hot chillies! Last night, he purposely dipped his finger into my sambal sotong just to taste the sambal. No kidding! Everytime he sees anything red on the plate, he will try to have a go at it. So imagine nasi lemak...

I do not know what turns him on when he sees chillies. I thing he is just the typical anak orang nogori (shh! don't tell hubby this). Over the weekend, he was enjoying the kerepek ubi pedas. I told him it was hot and i couldn't really eat it myself. It gives you the after taste yang... pedas! But Aydin insisted and he finished the whole small packet. We got the kerepek from the wedding we attended in JB. He had 2 choices: rempeyek kacang and the kerepek ubi pedas and he opted for the kerepek. I was worried if he will get stomach upset later and to think that we were in a long journey from JB to KL. Alhamdulillah, he was fine and dandy and survived the Kerepek Pedas without even crying for water.


I thought i was raising a kiddo with a taste for western food since he grew up eating pasta and food from Annabel Karmel's recipe. Little that i know, he also loves Roti Canai cicah kuah kari. Yes, everyone would thought he would prefer kuah Dhal but Dhal is not adventurous enough. He surprised his tok wan by asking to cicah kuah kari everytime tok wan took him to kedai mamak to eat roti canai. Being the over-protective grandparents, my in-laws were afraid that he will fall sick but i told them it is ok. He is used to it and i taught him how to cicah LoL I really don't know what my in-laws were thinking about me; teaching my kid to eat hot and spicy food. A macho little man i can say...


Yes, we are talking about my 3-year old son who loves hot and spicy food :) i wonder, how's Arif going to be?

1 comments:

kaezrin said...

oh well same goes like khilfi..

sampai cik gu sekolah dier kata..muka mat saleh but makan melayu betul...