12:24 PM

Scared the life of me!

I came home as usual yesterday with hubble and my maid told me a scary, terrifying story about what happened to Aydin earlier in the afternoon. She still looked panic while telling me the story. This was what happened:

At around 2p.m yesterday, Aydin was playing with the free gift motorcycle we got from buying Nutrigen. Aydin loves taking out the parts from his toys especially the wheels. While playing with the wheels he decided to taste and eat it! Unfortunately he choked on it and luckily maid was around to help. Maid said he turned red and was choking. Luckily it was a rubber wheel with holes though it was not a small one! I could never imagined if it was a solid wheel which could have block his air passage way, Na'uzubillah. I am so thankful to God for sending me a maid who has experience with kids and knew what to do at that time, Alhamdulillah. Besides the fact that maids are maids, i am thankful that my maid acted on time and saved my precious son. She said, "Tuan sama puan nggak ada di rumah, tin takuuut sangat". Who wouldn't?! I have read alot of articles and books on what to do if this happened and never did i imagined that it will happened when i am not around. Sigh... kids will be kids but we as parents have to ensure that we do not have any small items that are choking hazards lying around the house. Never take for granted that your child is old enough to understand what is edible and what is not.

I really do not know what to expect when the new bub arrives. People said the older one will crave for attention and i can never imagine what and how Aydin will turn out to be later when he becomes an Abang. With his character and attitude at the moment, i think we can barely keep ourselves sane let alone with Aydin no.2. Hubby has been complaining that he hardly gets enough sleep because Aydin's energy level hardly decreases until after midnight and sometimes he had to stay up till 2a.m! Aydin will make sure nobody sleeps before he does so beat that! Though now he has this habit of immitating whatever people say and that's cute... for now. I have been trying to teach him new words everyday and repeat the old ones too for him to understand and memorize it. The latest words are "wen" (a slang for Wan, the maternal grandmother), "gho-ti" (roti a.k.a bread) and "ni" (here in English).

As for myself, i am still into cloth diapering. I am glad to say that i have almost enough cloth diapers to go full-time on Aydin soon and slowly buying some more for the new bub. Aydin is cloth diapered every night and we have overcome the leak problem night. I personally think using fitted diaper for overnight is the best as it has more coverage than pockets. It is a bit bulky though with fitted diaper and its cover but you can rest assured your child will not be sleeping in his/her pee the next morning ;) I am training my maid to put on the pockets on Aydin during the day. I have even bought few more from babytotsandmum.com for both Aydin and adik for a best deal. I have ordered a Bob the Builder diaper cover for Aydin and i am so excited! I have been trying out different brands to see which ones works best. I personally think we are slowly saving some $$ with cloth diaper since Aydin is not potty trained yet and his XXL disposable diapers are costing us a fortune at the moment and it has only been like what... 1-2 months?

Alrighty, boss will be calling me in few minutes for our bi-weekly one-on-one meeting. I hope there are nothing much to talk about as she tends to talk alot. I am just tired of teleconferencing at the moment and would love a good lie-down to ease my backaches.

2 comments:

Juliah & Faridah said...

Alhamdulillah..semua okay eh? reminds me la..need to get a playpen for idrees. he's everywhere skarang! plus..semua masuk mulut!..

Ratu the Rats said...

Did you get the playpen? Saw E.R today and they had a boy choking on a small ball. Just need to keep all this tiny things away from the kids.