10:23 PM

Novels, Madagascar and Pus

I know i have been guilty for not blogging for quite sometime. I will stop putting the blame on work and kids because it is so cliche. Now, i want to blame my new novels. I am a novel lover and i bought quite a number of good chick lits from Kinokuniya recently. One main reason was because it is almost the end of the year and i need to strategize my 2008 income tax rebates :) The other reason is just because i love reading and i need good books to ease my mind of my day-to-day routine.

Books i have been and finished reading: Thanks for the Memories by Cecilia Ahern, a Sophie Kinsella and a 3-in-1 book (as you can tell i am bad with titles as well). I also like Mike Gayle's as the books are a bit different from the usual chick lits because it is more on a guy's life instead of the usual girl's stories. I am planning to but books online from mph as it is cheaper and i do not need to leave my comfortable chair! No traffic and stupid drivers to curse, no parking to pay and save my petrol/gas (though the gas price now is down to RM2.00).

The kids: I have finally brought Aydin and Arif to KL Bird park and suprisingly i enjoyed the trip too! I just could not believe that i have never visited this park before. They have wonderful and different type of birds and most of the birds are not confined in a cage. They can fly and wander freely in the park. We were actually walking next to peacocks! They were so beautiful and amazing though Aydin was a bit scared.

Madagascar 2 Return to Africa is showing. I thought it is time to bring Aydin to a cinema. That's what i did and BY MYSELF! It was a bad decision. Aydin is not ready for a cinema experience. I actually paid for the twin seats where we ended up sitting in between dating couples though it was a weekday and cartoon and school holidays. I would never have thought these people would go dating on that day... Anyways, yes Aydin could not sit still and we lasted for about 30mins je in the cinema and that was inclusive of several attempts distracting him and trying to make him enjoy the movie. Aydin said, "ammie jom, ammie car jom" several times (translation: mummy jom balik naik mummy's car). Aydin still calls me ammie instead of mummy though he can pronounce the word mummy very well. Atleast it is an improvement from "abby".

As for Arif, he is growing well and fast. At 8 months, he has already mastered the skill of crawling and standing. He's favorite cartoon is Dibo the gift dragon. Aydin has "graduated" from Playhouse Disney to Disney channel and his favorite now is Bean and apa ntah nama cartoon yang ada Pherb tu. Anyway, Arif wants to watch Dibo and Aydin wants to watch Bean. So i guess this is just the begining of the sibling quarrel?

Ooh! i forget to mention that Arif has also scraped his chin on his bathtub edge. He wanted to stand in the tub while bibik bath him and he slipped. I don't really blame the bibik as i know Arif is quite an active boy too but i just wish that the bibik was a bit more careful with him. It has been almost 3 weeks now and the chin is slowly healing. I think it was infected so it had a small pus and it just popped earlier this afternoon. Poor Arif! I bet it must be painful :(

0 comments: