3:19 PM

Stress Test

Second day of school is worse than the first. Aydin was ready by 8 a.m as the teacher was supposed to pick him up by then. I thought teacher would have managed her time and route properly since she had done her rounds yeaterday but NOOOooo... she came at 9 a.m and i was already late for work. While waiting Aydin insisted that we took a "morning walk" and check out the neighbours.


The moment the teacher arrived, Aydin refused to get into the car... AGAIN! The next thing you know, teacher's car ran out of gas. So much for time AND gas management. She had 2 other kids in the car. I just don't know what else to expect. I ended up as ad-hoc soccermum and transported 3 kids (including Aydin) to school. On the way to school, Aydin was happily singing along his Yusoff Islam's Ramadhan Moon CD. The next thing you know, Aydin hit the other boy on his face and he cried!! I was just afraid that the boy will retaliate so i quickly tried to console him WHILE driving. The boys were in the back seat without the seatbelts but hey... i can leave without another stress matter trying to make them wear the seatbelts. Anyway, luckily the trip was barely 10 mins and i managed to "unload" everyone safely.


This time Aydin is cleverer than yesterday. He held onto my hand like i was going to sprint off any second (which was my initial plan tee-hee). I had to sit next to him until he was comfortable which unfortunately he never got comfortable. We had a drama session where i had to let him scream and cry while i walked away and drove off. It hurts to see him scream and cry out for you but hey, i had to do it. He has to be strong and learn to be independent. It's either now or never and i cannot always be there for him all the time. I hope things will work out soon or i will have to change my working hours :p


Anyway, let's talk about what happened yesterday and get some relief for a while. Aydin came home alright but the moment he stepped into the house, he cried and was frantically looking for the parents. Luckily i called to check on him and he was comforted by my voice. The power of being a mother :) Later when i came home in the evening, he greeted me at the door and hugged me. Guess what he said? "Assamekom mummy" I was ecstatic. He learnt all this in his first day? I almost announced it to the whole world! That made my day.


We will see what will happen tomorrow pulak. I told hubby to take his turn tomorrow because i couldn't afford another stressful event and be late for work. Sigh...

0 comments: