10:42 AM

Yippee-ya-yeay!

At last a little breather for me... My online store Mum's and Such is up and running. We had our first customer on the first day of the 'launch' and have had few enquiries too. So i hope this is a good sign. Probably a couple of C.O.Ds this weekend, Alhamdulillah.


Aydin is having a minor 'problem' in school. The principal told us that Aydin is still having problem staying in a group. She said we might want to try and do a check-up just to make sure everything is fine. Yes, i am aware that Aydin has social skills problem but i thought by sending him to a kindy would help. I guess we will need to take one thing at a time. He is not violent or any sort it is just that he does not know how to socialize with other kids his age. He thinks hitting other kids is fun though i have tried explaining to him that it is not right to do so. I have read alot on this and am still trying different approach. We brought him to a pediatrician just to get an opinion. The ped has ruled out autism because Aydin has no problem interacting and speaking. He probably has a little problem with hyperactivity where his energy level is always at high. Anyway, we're taking him to see a child psychologist this Sunday just to get the expert's opinion on how to tackle this problem. I think it is more on the parents to learn how to exercise the right skills and gift that Aydin has. So far after 1 month of kindy, he improves alot on his speech and he know the phonics of every letters! I am so proud of him though sometimes it can be a pain whenever he repeats everything that you say or do ;)


As for Arif, he can speak more syllables though one at a time. I am teaching how to say 'Milk' without giving him the boobies :) Everytime i say milk, he will reach out for the boobies! So now whenever i hear him mumbles 'mmm...' i will say 'Milk' and he will repeat 'Milk', yeay!! Then everytime he sees me and ask me to take him he will either say 'Mak' or 'Tuk' which i assume means 'Mummy'? LoL oklaa for one syllable 'Mak' = 'Mummy' aight? He can also stand and let go off his hands for few seconds to reach the other side. He has not cut his first tooth yet and i have not seen any pearly white on the lower gum (or i am just blind...). I saw a couple though on the upper gum but shouldn't the lower ones cut through before the upper ones? He is turning 1 in a month but no tooth and no walk yet. I have no problem with this as Aydin was a late bloomer as well. I think it is time to plan for Arif's first birthday.


Oooh, guess what? Hubby has agreed to go for a short holiday in Langkawi with Rena in March... yeay!! I had to declined Ezu's invitation to shop till we drop in Bangkok because Arif will tire and drop us BEFORE we get to shop in Bangkok. I am still putting the plan to go for Girly holiday on hold too just to make sure i have weaned Arif properly before i leave him behind. So this Langkawi trip is a so look forward event for now. I get to do alot in this one trip: spend time with family, spend time with good friend and also shop!! I have to start saving for this trip not that sempat to save but hey, it is better than nothing right? We plan to take up a promo voucher to stay at Awana unless my girlfriend, Rena finds some other better deal. Rena is just being kiasu and all... ain't we all? I hope we get to do other tourist-y thing too in Langkawi besides the main agenda: Shopping *evil grin* (please don't tell hubby this or he will cancel the trip).


I just got a couple of soap samples from a colleague. His wife is selling home-made soaps and i love them!! Some colleagues and i are trying to get her sell some to us. I really want to try the coffee and cotton and grapefruit and... didn't i just say i wanted to save for the Langkawi trip??? Dang!!


Oopsie... it's time to do the boobies thing now.

0 comments: